- By default, no personal information is collected.
- If an error occurs, your IP address is stored in the server's error log for up to five weeks.
- This website uses self-hosted GoatCounter to perform analytics in a privacy-preserving way.
- Death Notifier and Gitea store information if you register an account. Any information you provide is used exclusively to provide the respective services. You can update or remove your information at any time.
- No information is shared with third parties.
1. Collected informationThis section describes what information is collected by the server on each visit.
1.1. Normal operation
A limited amount of privacy-preserving analytics is performed on this website. This information is collected to help me understand which parts of my website are popular, so I can decide where to spend my energy adding features. Seeing that people visit my website also gives me a feeling of gratification with the amount of time I have spent on this website.
The following information may be collected:
- URL of the visited page,
- screen size,
- country and region name based on IP address, and
- a hash of all the following:
the IP address, the
User-Agentheader, and a random number.
The above data are collected using a self-hosted instance of GoatCounter. No personal information is collected, nor can it be derived from the stored information. The hash described above is kept in memory for 8 hours only to identify a browser session; it is never stored on disk.
1.2. Back-end errors
Some requests to this website result in errors in the back end. If a back-end error occurs, additional information is collected to assist with fixing these errors.
Back-end errors are described in zero or more log entries, each of which contains the requester's IP address, the date and time of the error, the URL of the visited page, and the error message describing the nature of the error. Log entries are removed within five weeks after the associated error occurs.
fwdkr.co is a URL shortener. The URL shortener collects additional information that is not collected elsewhere. Each shortened link has its own counter. Every time a shortened link is visited, its counter is incremented. No other information is collected. These counters give me validation that buying and maintaining the domain is worth my money.
2. Information provided by youThis section describes what information you can choose to provide to this website.
Death Notifier allows you to track Wikipedia articles about real-world people. If you register an account, Death Notifier will store your email address, a hash of your password, and the articles you want to track. You can update or remove your information at any time. Because the server automatically creates backups of the Death Notifier database, information will be retained in a backup for up to five weeks after it has been removed or updated.
The local Gitea instance allows users to register an account, to open issues, and to otherwise interact with the repositories hosted there. Any information you provide there, such as your email address, username, comments, and images, are stored locally on this server. You can update or remove your information at any time. Because the server automatically creates backups of the Gitea instance, information will be retained in a backup for up to five weeks after it has been removed or updated.
3. Sharing with third parties
No information is shared with third parties.